Drawing Down Memory Lane

As I was flipping through my pictures and downloads folder, and my harddisk (which is currently getting fixed) I came across some old characters and reminders that I had redrawing plans. Back when I was in 4th-6th grade, I was so fueled up with Digimon and Pokemon fandoms, and so were my friends, so if I'm not mistaken, there was a point in our grade school lives that between classes, we drew each other as either digidestineds or pokemon trainers, complete with our 'mons to match.

I'm not sure if any of them still remembers this but I do, and boy were we lame back then.


These are OCs based on an old grade school friend (and her Digimon supposedly, which went through redesigns), yes the designs were supposed to resemble Gatomon & Kari Kamiya from Digimon 02... but then suddenly Alice in Wonderland.
Oh and I was also listening to Shinedown's "Her Name Is Alice" here (but then this OC's name isn't Alice tho). I'm such a copycat back then and I'm kind of ashamed how similar my supposed OCs look from the original series characters I based them on. Maybe that's why I had to cover the similarities up with another fandom.



Decided to draw these old characters of mine again. I created them when I was 10. Once again I'm so freaking confused if these are supposed to be Pokemon or Digimon, seeing that elements from both show appear here and there in their design. I think their names are Ripiteddy (the small ones) and the big one is either Elegar or something. Despite initially making it as a Teddiursa equivalent, I chucked in elements of Pikachu and Growlithe and probably a bit of Garurumon in them too (if I'm not mistaken). And honestly I don't know what they're supposed to be; I get that Ripiteddies are teddy bears, but Elegar looks like... well... some sort of wolf lion thing. I guess they're one example of how my influences got me creating a unique fusion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts on fanfictions

Palette Change